- 1 whole Chicken
- 1 whole Bay Leaf
- 64 ounces, fluid Unsalted (or Low Sodium) Chicken Broth (you May Use Half Broth And Half Water If Desired.)
- 1 whole Large Onion, Chopped
- 3 whole Ribs Of Celery, Sliced
- 3 whole Carrots, Peeled And Chopped
- 3 whole Parsnips, Peeled And Chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
Place all ingredients but the pepper into a pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until chicken is done, vegetables are tender, and soup flavor is divine. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
Serve in a bowl, then sprinkle black pepper over the top.
*Note: Adjust broth levels and/or vegetable amounts as needed.