Saturday, January 18, 2014

Finished Quilt

After being shown this Youtube video, I was blown away! It's like doing origami with fabric! I absolutely HAD to try it, and with Christmas coming it was the perfect excuse.

 It took a bit of finagling trying to figure out how to get the diamonds between the different blocks when piecing them together. I love the gradient with the chevron I used for those corner stones.  (Can I call them cornderstones?)  I ended up taking the 4 finished blocks, and using them like I would the four pieces of fabric.  With all the twisting you do, I was holding my breath each time I put another four together!

 And the red square, let be honest, could I make something without throwing in at least a little red?

4 comments:

  1. Great Job. I have yet to make one. Love your fabric. What did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't any one line, I actually gathered fabric from 5 different stores in the area.

      Delete
  2. Would have been nice to know that I would be 3 squares short when using a full layer cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm finishing up my 2nd one of these adorable quilts! Made them with browns/golds for my two grandsons and have plans for another for my oldest granddaughter!!! Makes a beautiful quilt!!

    ReplyDelete