Saturday, January 18, 2014

My Happiness Project

This past summer, I have fallen in love with the book "The Happiness Project" by Gretchen Rubin. She realized that though she has everything she really needs and has a great life, she isn't has happy as she could be. One of my favorite comments that she makes is that she doesn't want to change herself, but better accept herself and find more fulfillment in the world around her. Similar to Ben Franklin who identified thirteen virtues which he wanted to cultivate-temperance, silence, order, resolution, frugality, industry, sincerity, justice, moderation, cleanliness, tranquility, chastity, and humility--Gretchen Rubin broke down her life into twelve different categories with concrete goals of things she wants to work on to make her life fuller, more meaningful, and as a result-happier.
Being far too caught up with school, work, dating, and just life in general I enjoyed reading the book last year, but never followed through with actually implementing much of it! What better time to try again than the new year, right?

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you read the book! It definitely has great reminders I think I need to hear more than once...

    ReplyDelete